- January 13, 2017
Having made it through that in-between Christmas and New Year period (AKA that really weird week!) you’re now ready to hit your working year running – right?
We all know that the holidays can be a wonderful time of year for many, but as well as all the good parts, there is a side to the festive season, and the start of a new year, that can mean that we begin our new 12 month period feeling a little out of sorts.
With this in mind, we asked Mark Leonard, Course Leader and Lead Practitioner, Mindfulness Connected and Chris Tamdjidi, Founder & Director, Kalapa Academy for their top 5 mindfulness tips to ease us through the first week of the year.
5 mindfulness at work tips for the start of the year…
1. Mindful walking is a great way to calm and focus your mind, and as an added bonus, it also improves your posture. Try and include 5 minutes of mindful walking on your commute, or take a quick mindful walk around the building before you settle down to work, invigorated and refreshed.
2. If you feel yourself starting to feel ‘mindless’ at any point during the day, use mindfulness practices, including conscious awareness of your breathing, to develop awareness grounded in the body.
3. Cultivate awareness of how ideas about yourself and others produce different moods and emotions. With this understanding, bring compassion to how you and others act out of need, dislike and ignorance.
4. Act with clear intention to empower others, feel the warmth inside and knowing that you are working with forces of change, smile.
5. Begin every meeting with a quick one minute mindfulness practice, such as closing your eyes and following your breath. End the meeting 5 mins before the hour to give people time to unwind.
To find out more about mindfulness at work during 2017 please follow us on Twitter because we would love to connect with you.
You can join Chris and Mark in London in April at Mind & Matter 2017, to find out more about how you can apply mindfulness to increase you and your team’s productivity, creativity, focus, decision making and much more.
About Mind & Matter
Mind & Matter has been borne out of the recognition that greater purpose drives results and that organisations that effectively embed mindfulness interventions will see myriad benefits in the net events arrange by https://epiceventsnj.com/cinematic-video/: including greater creativity, resilience, focus and employee wellbeing rates. We don’t see mindfulness as a panacea, but as part of the solution in a time of seismic disruption and ever-increasing pace in business.
As event and content experts, we see our role as facilitating better dialogue between leaders and agents of change and presenting the most compelling evidence and case studies that demonstrate the effectiveness of mindfulness in the workplace: for leaders, HR practitioners and organisational effectiveness specialists.